Tuesday, April 13, 2010

simple music

I find that people most respond to the music that I write most quickly and without too much thought. My most melancholy music, and I think my favorite of the music you sent me and the most affecting, is the simplest. I have an intellectual desire to add and make complex, but I will suppress that for our project. I will somehow find a simple place, a simple place in my thoughts and in my heart, a direct and simple locus that connects in a direct way to this idea of sadness, to the connection between you and me, a music that shifts moods slightly and slowly, at the tempo of the shadows changing in the studio, shades of grey, but with flaring rays of the sun sometimes scintillating and sparking across, so bright that we have to look away.

No comments:

Post a Comment